Simplify Your Selling Experience
Without the right resources and information, selling a home can be stressful and time-consuming. Due to the numerous complexities of modern Real Estate transactions, most home sellers find it advantageous to team up with a Realtor. Desrochers Realty Group can help. From preparing and pricing your home to showing it on the market, our qualified professionals will guide you through the entire process—simplifying your experience.
Pricing Your Home
Correctly pricing your property is vital. Price your home too low and you’ll lose money; price it too high and buyers will shy away. Our Realtors will provide a Competitive Market Analysis to help you determine the value of your property as it relates to the condition of the current market. In addition, the following should help you determine the price you can expect to receive:
- What prices are similar homes in your area selling for?
- What are the size, layout and condition of your home?
- Is your home located in a high-demand area?
- Does your home include today’s most popular amenities?
- What is the estimated appraisal?
- What is the experience of your Realtor?
- Is it a buyer’s or a seller’s market?
Promoting Your Property
When selling your home, you will want effective advertising and marketing. Our Realtors utilize a wide range of marketing tools to attract potential buyers. Promotional campaigns work best in a seller’s market when the home is priced right and properly prepared.
Showing Your Property
Never underestimate the effect of positive first showing to potential buyers. Our team can show you numerous ways to help your home make a great impression. The first step is to set your emotional attachment to your home aside. Try to look at as a product to be marketed. Be aware of what you can and cannot change. This will allow you to concentrate on those items that will bring the highest rewards.
First Impressions—The first thing a potential buyer sees is your home from the street, or what’s called its “curb appeal.” Take care to:
- Remove any junk or clutter from the yard
- Mow, rake and/or fertilize your lawn
- Trim shrubbery and hedges
- Wash, stain or paint decks and porches
- Clean and paint or stain your front door
- Ensure all exterior lights work
- Clean all exterior windows
- Clean out gutters and downspouts
- Sweep or scoop all walkways
- Close garage door
Finishing Touches—Most of the time you will be given at least a couple of hours’ notice before showing your home. Before you show your home add these small but important finishing touches:
- Turn on all indoor and outdoor lights, day or night, to create a “welcoming” feeling
- Leave home or remain out of sight during showings to give prospective buyers the privacy to openly evaluate everything
- Avoid scented sprays; instead, light a scented candle, bake some cookies or add a few drops of vanilla extract to a stove burner before showings
- Empty all trash and waste baskets before showings
- Set the thermostat at a comfortable temperature
- Turn off all TVs; turn on soft, melodious music
- Take pets with you if you can; otherwise, keep them outside or well out of sight
Whether you’re up-sizing, down-sizing or making a cross-country move, selling your home is often the exciting start of a new adventure. We’re here to help ensure your selling process brings both financial and emotional reward.